A simple landscape design wish... "Locate symbol in resource Manager" as a right click option for plant objects.

hollister design Studio

Question

4 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, hollister design Studio said:

Please let us right click on plant object symbols and have "Locate symbol in resource Manager" as an option like other symbols and resources.

It's such an easy quick way to open the RM to the appropriate spot.

@hollister design Studio

Isn't there a way to 'roll your own' menus? Or maybe this does not exist already as a command?

Edited by mjm
Punctuation
On 3/11/2022 at 4:11 PM, hollister design Studio said:

Please let us right click on plant object symbols and have "Locate symbol in resource Manager" as an option like other symbols and resources.

It's such an easy quick way to open the RM to the appropriate spot.

I agree 100%.  It would make my life so much easier if this was a thing!!!  I've made this request before and the responses were dismissive at best.   

• Like 1

I am interested to hear the why and workflow associated with this request.

if a symbol is in your drawing, right click  to locate in the resource manager just shows where it resides within your document.  Are you putting your plants within a complicated folder system or something?  What do you do with these plants once they are located within the resource manager?

• Like 1