Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Creating Hybrid Symbols in VW 2022 w/ Marionette

Hi Everyone,

I created a network to generate a set of hybrid symbols from a worksheet using VW 2020/2021.  They are basic representations of framed paintings to be hung on a wall (exhibition design) with a 2D "footprint" defined by a width and depth column and 3D geometry of a frame and extruded plane representing the image.  I'm a little confused about how to define the 2D vs 3D geometry with Marionette in VW 2022 now that the screen plane has been deprecated.  Does anyone know what node I need to use to define geometry that should live in the 2D component rather than everything ending up in the 3D component?  Thanks!

-Chris

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2022 at 9:12 PM, Chris Busch said:

Hi Everyone,

I created a network to generate a set of hybrid symbols from a worksheet using VW 2020/2021.  They are basic representations of framed paintings to be hung on a wall (exhibition design) with a 2D "footprint" defined by a width and depth column and 3D geometry of a frame and extruded plane representing the image.  I'm a little confused about how to define the 2D vs 3D geometry with Marionette in VW 2022 now that the screen plane has been deprecated.  Does anyone know what node I need to use to define geometry that should live in the 2D component rather than everything ending up in the 3D component?  Thanks!

-Chris

Hi Chris,

could you provide vw file,  maybe i can help you.