Can't navigatre in several files in the same time

Hello everybody,

When i open a second vectorwork file (a new one or an existing one) it freezes the first file. Meaning that once i open a new file, i can't navigate or select anything until i close the other file, then it comes back to normal.

Can somebody help me please?

Thank you,

Have a good day,

Ariane

Both problems sound like they may be caused by corrupted preference files or workspaces.

1. If you are using a custom workspace, especially one that was original created in a previous version and brought forward, try switching to one of the stock workspaces. If that solves the problem, then you will need to recreate your custom workspace starting with one of the stock ones.

2. Quit VW.  Drag your user folder [the default location is:   C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\] to a different location [desktop is usually good] and restart VW.  A new user folder will be created. If this solves the problem then there was corruption in your user folder. You can try and figure out what it was by putting back a few items at a time to the new user folder and testing. Or if you don't have a lot of custom items in your user folder you can just move forward with the new user folder and add things as you need them.

HTH