Strange behavior with Braceworks and Lighting Pipes and Referencing

Good day Braceworks Puzzle Solvers™

I have a file that has my rigging objects in it and I am referencing the audio, lighting, scenic and video objects through a design layer referenced viewport. The process works great and when I run a calculation it generates an error that shows the (6) lighting instruments upstage of the truss as not attached. This is as expected, since they are not in the footprint or at the height of the truss.

1518248198_ScreenShot2022-03-03at9_41_20AM.thumb.png.fbad6926880fc6fdf5f961521dca6e67.png

I then add (6) lighting pipes and attach them to the truss on top. Now when I run the load calculations I get the following errors.

729091011_ScreenShot2022-03-03at9_40_12AM.thumb.png.e8488dfe264070df5b1ef1a52e27a597.png

There is a lot of this that confuses me:

• What causes the "Virtual FEM support gets load" error?
  • Why do those (6) lighting fixtures that were shown as not being connected before the lighting pipes are now showing an error that they are assigned to two structural elements?
  • And, craziest of all - Why do some lights that aren't even on that same truss system now show an error that they are also connected to two structural elements? (Seen on the left side of the screenshot)

The only difference between these two drawings is the addition of the lighting pipes.

Any input into what is happening would be awesome.

Edited by stayathomedad
misspelling
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
20 minutes ago, stayathomedad said:

What causes the "Virtual FEM support gets load" error?

The error is caused when a supporting hoist is being pushed up by the truss it is supporting due to how the truss line is deflecting elsewhere on the line,
in this case it looks like adding the extra outriggers and the associated weight of the lights they are supporting is pushing the end of the truss line up which is in turn pushing the hoist up slightly.
Have a look at the vertical deflection force lines.
In most cases to fix the issue you can either use the chain shorten field on the hoist to adjust it manually or turn on compensate drops to correct this automatically

32 minutes ago, stayathomedad said:
  • Why do those (6) lighting fixtures that were shown as not being connected before the lighting pipes are now showing an error that they are assigned to two structural elements?

Its meant to notify you when a load object is supported by two structural elements (pipes or trusses), for example a drape that extends between two truss lines or when a load object is close enough to 2 structural objects that it could be connected to both. Its a warning and won't stop the calculation.
However there is currently a bug where this message is getting triggered when it shouldn't, which will be why it is triggering incorrectly for the light on the left hand truss in your image

• Like 1