Viewport Snapping Probems

eric.rktek

Need a little help with a snapping problem that just came up in a viewport. I just added a rectangle to a symbol in a plan file that I need to dimension. I can snap to it in the base file, and in the referenced design layer in my sheet file, but I can't snap to it at all in the paper layer viewport (in the annotations window). The rectangle is in the 'None' class, and I have my classes to 'Show, Snap, Modify', viewport is in plan view, I have restarted Vectorworks twice, and I even went in and put locus at the center of the rectangle in the symbol to see if that would provide a snap point, and still no luck. Any suggestions what might be tripping me up?

Make sure you have the Class (none, in this case) turned on in both the Viewport and the Class Visibilities dialog.

If it's on for the Viewport, you'll be able to see it but not snap to it. For other operations beyond making it visible, a Class also needs to be on for the whole view.

Good luck,

I think this is a glitch in the way viewports work. You shouldn't have to turn on the class in two locations. The viewport class settings should override the global class settings. If the class is turned on in the viewport & "show snap others" is selected, then you should be able to snap to it.

BG

I had all classes on and active including the 'none' class. I went into the referenced design layer (where I was able to snap) and drew a new line from locus points that I wanted to dimension. When I went back into the viewport, I was able to snap to the locus and the corners of the rectangle that I was trying to snap to originally. I did an Workgroup Update and had the temporary guide lines erased. When I went back into the viewport after that, I couldn't snap to things again.....