Avant Garde Font

StatonCohen

Question

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, StatonCohen said:

Hello,

Is it possible to download different fonts?  I am working with an architect and they use Avant garde and would like me to use the same.  I have Vectorworks 2021 and Avant Garde doesn't appear in the list of fonts.

Can I somehow download it?  Or is there a similar font??

Thank you!

You install fonts to your operating system, not Vectorworks.  Once the font has been properly installed to the OS, it should appear within the vectorworks environment.

In some cases, you may need to buy fonts that did not come with the OS.  When I have a client using special fonts that I need to match, I ask them to send me the font or identify the provider of it so I can ensure special characters appear correctly.

You get what you pay for in regards to free fonts when it comes to special characters, which can wreak havoc on technical documents and publications.

When it comes to making PDFs of your drawings using these special fonts, be sure your pdf authoring software is configured correctly for your desired result ( embedding font sets or rasterizing ).

• Like 3