[solved] (Editable) list of all sockets (socket tags) with parent symbol/device

elc

was trying to get a list of all devices in my file, so I could check if they are all up to date with the socket names/count. but whatever worksheet I am trying to create, the PIO "Anschluss" (german for socket) won't show up. But where is their data stored if not in the database "Anschluss"... or skt_rec?

grafik.thumb.png.d6ddbefe5be628535206f707f24544e1.pnggrafik.thumb.png.d6a88116ff424ed0dbf823308719e0f8.png

sorry, as I mentioned before, I just don't understand how all the databases and ConnectCAD work together (when I have more time I'll have to create some sort of UML overview of all the depenencies... after learning about how to UML. unless you have something like that already @Conrad Preen 😉 )

best,

george

Edited by elc
added "solved" to title
24 minutes ago, Conrad Preen said:

Durchsuche auch Intelligenten Objekte - the sockets are inside devices.

thanks a lot! for whatever reason it worked now.
(or at least I am conviced, that that's what I also tried before. but I might just be delusional.)

but maybe I always ticked "Include subparts" which returns 0 results.
grafik.png.ac4553ae255fa6b0cad2313862e194d1.png

24 minutes ago, Conrad Preen said:

Also check out these worksheet ObjectData functions to display device data in a socket worksheet

great tip, thanks! works like a charm. was expecting that from ticking "include subparts/include parent object"
but the amount of frustration caused by the translation (whether the german or the english term needs to be used) e.g. in worksheets ...  🙈

• elc changed the title to [solved] (Editable) list of all sockets (socket tags) with parent symbol/device