operating system

Sneeze

Eddie is right. I have been thru this with tech supportthey tell me the following:

Currently the 64-bit Windows OS is not officially supported by VectorWorks.

VW 11 is not optimized for the 64 bit processor. Although VectorWorks 11.5 may run on the 64-bit OS it is not recommended. Microsoft's Web site says

that "Windows on Windows 64 is a 32-bit Windows subsystem that allows you to run 32 bit applications on 64-bit Windows. Because 32-bit applications run in an emulation mode, Microsoft recommends running 32-bit applications on 32-bit hardware for optimal performance." Currently the 64-bit Windows OS is not officially supported by VectorWorks.

• 1 month later...

Yes it will install and works fine on Windows x64 as I have done it. The HASP driver for the dongle is available as a comand line install. However there appears to be no improvement that I can see. More disapointing is the lack of 3rd party divice drivers generally, so if you use the same pc for other work such as video editing for example, some divices (such as my camcorder and my digital camara) are not recongnised. More annoyingly my Palm Tungsten PDA cannot sync with Outlook on my pc as the Palm descktop software will not install. Also my favorite player Realplayer will not install. I assume that these drivers and software updates will become available as Microsoft approaches the release of the new MS Vista O.S. which will be a native 64 bit O.S. but for the present it is a pain and not worth the bother.