Eyedropper makes VW crash

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately when these crashes happen, it is more often just the spinning wheel running forever and then me having tom cmd+alt+esc to interrupt the program and it is then rare to be able to report the crash. It then starts the procedure to recover the back up files from the autosave folder.

Kind regards,

Federico

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/30/2022 at 6:59 PM, Pat Stanford said:

VW2021 is listed as not being compatible with Mac OS13 Ventura.  If you truly have a brand new computer it is likely that that is the OS you are running.

I do not know if the crash on eyedropper is one of the known bugs with Ventura.

Hi Pat,

Thanks for coming back! The issue I had where with the first release of VW22, now I am running VW23 and things are much better, everything is a little more stable, I still get some crashes there and then but not that often and not related to a particular command. 

I haven't upgraded my Mac to Ventura yet: when do you think it is advisable to do so, perhaps after SP3 is out?

Thanks again

Federico

I am running SP2 and Ventura and I have not noticed any problems. 

The one primary issue that I am aware of is the prior to SP2, both Renderworks and Redshift would have a very long (minutes) configuration process the first time those rendering modes were used.  In SP2 the Renderworks delay was eliminated. I hope that SP3 will also remove the Redshift delay, but I think that depends on Apple and Maxon.

Officially, VW2023 and Ventura are list as not compatible. But many, many people are using them together.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 3/1/2022 at 1:01 AM, JuanP said:

@Flair-Studio Would you mind making sure under Error reporting: Send crash details, and verbose usage patterns is selected?

Tools menu>Options>Vectorworks Preferences>Session and let me know the next time that Vectorworks crashes? 

thanks

Hi there, here is a crah_report of a computer using Vectorworks 2023 SP3, after using eyedropper tool. I'll try to do what you mentioned and get that file. Maybe this file already helps to find out why it crashed? We will also check if it still happens with SP4

crash_report.rtf

• 2 months later...

No issues with 2023 sp4 on Ventura 13.2.1, on a MacBook Pro M2, even with PIOs. A simple suggestion, for those who haven't already done so, could be to change the complex configuration of the eyedropper and save some configurations with different amounts and types of attributes, to facilitate your workflow and maybe solve some problem. Does this make tool operation lighter? If it's a bug, it might be useless.