Insulation made of hard material

Kea

I would like this option as well for two reasons:

a) we use a similar protocol

b) having a lot of conventional insulation in the drawing cause the scren redraws to become horrendously slow.

Kira there are a couple of PIO options downloadable from the Plug-In section at VectorDepot http://vectordepot.com/

- Insulation Tools by Frank Schnater

- Insulation/Isolation PIO by Francesco Bellasecca

Both have less functionality than you probably want but they may be a reasonable work around until NNA provide a Hard Insulation Tool.

The tool you describe would be useful in the US as well, where a zigzag line is the traditional way to poche metal stud walls on plan.

The icon for Frank Schnater's "Isolatie Hard" tool, part of his "Insulation Tools" that Mike referred to, suggests that it draws zigzag lines, but I can't get it to do that. For me, it just draws a two-segment polyline, from the first click point to the third, and thence to the second. And though it's identified as a version 8 plug-in, I can only get it to work at all in version 10. It's at http://www.vectordepot.com/PlugIns1.shtml

Jan15

Frank Schnater's insulation tools are a bit tricky because they are not linear objects. They are routines which draw static polyline objects:

- The first click starts the routine.

- The second click defines the length.

- The third click defines the width.

The trick to getting it to draw the 'zig-zags' correctly is the third click must be directly above the first click relative to the length direction. If you don't do this you will only get one slanted 'zig-zag'.

Hopefully a Hard Insulation option will be added to the next version of the Insulation Tool.

Thanks, Mike. Good work sleuthing that out. Armed with your tip, I would now say that Schnater's zig-zag line tool works fine and is easy to use. The angle isn't right for poche of metal stud walls, but it would be great for accordian doors in plan, and for resistors in circuit diagrams.

So, unfortunately the Insulation Tools by Frank Schnater seem not to be VW 11.5 compatible? if I understood right ?and I couldn't add them to my tools, anyway. Let's hope though, that they'll get updated one day!

? I put the Curved Insulation and Insulation/Isolation PIOs by Francesco Bellasecca to plug-ins folder, and they showed up all right in the Workspace Editor's toolbox.