Exporting Image Files

DanS

I am having trouble getting images of various parts of a project to export at the same scale. When I open them in photoshop they seem to be random sizes. Am using marquee. Can someone give me a bit of guidance in using the export option i.e. resolution, print size etc.

Cheers

Dan

For print quality images you should set the resolution to about 300 pixels per inch(ppi) or 360.

That will normally give a good print out on most printers. If it's only to go on screen (eg an animated walk through ) then 72 or 96 will be fine.

After that you have to set the print size you want to output; say 150mmx100mm (photo size) or 290x210 for an A4 size.

Remember, if you double the output size (or the pixel count) you quadruple the file size. 20Mb is not unusual for a hi-res, large size JPEG.

If you do all the image marquees to the same pixel and dimension settings they should all come out the same size in photoshop regardless of the size of the marquee you drag on screen.

hth

N.

quote:

Originally posted by DanS:

I am having trouble getting images of various parts of a project to export at the same scale. When I open them in photoshop they seem to be random sizes. Am using marquee. Can someone give me a bit of guidance in using the export option i.e. resolution, print size etc.

Cheers

Dan

I would suggest you also try maintaining a constant zoom level and drawing window size for all images and use the Copies & Pages > Print Current View drop menu in the Print window and then select Print to PDF. That would be on a Mac.

[ 09-17-2005, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: Ramon PG ]