Trackpad and Flyover tool

MartinBlomberg

I want to orbit around my drawing using only my trackpad, like I can do in probably all other CAD-software.

I'm am one of the following:

1. Stupid, since I can't find the solution. Or

2. Frustrated, since the function is not implemented.

If 1, please let me understand how I can orbit around with my trackpad (no external stuff what so ever), without having to use the actual tool, I want something like two finger+command-kinda solution. 

If 2, how come such an easy thing isn't implemented? 

Many thanks!

martin

4 hours ago, MartinBlomberg said:

I want to orbit around my drawing using only my trackpad, like I can do in probably all other CAD-software.

I'm am one of the following:

1. Stupid, since I can't find the solution. Or

2. Frustrated, since the function is not implemented.

If 1, please let me understand how I can orbit around with my trackpad (no external stuff what so ever), without having to use the actual tool, I want something like two finger+command-kinda solution. 

If 2, how come such an easy thing isn't implemented? 

Many thanks!

martin

Shift+c? I think that's what you want…

• 4 weeks later...

@mjm, sorry for late reply, totally missed that I got an answer.

Yeah, that's kinda right, but still, isn't there a way to just hover around without having to activate a tool?

Other softwares, like Fusion 360, I just hold down Shift-key and I can hover around freely.

No way in VW? If not, that shouldn't be too much work to fix? 

Thanks!

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
On 3/18/2022 at 3:38 PM, MartinBlomberg said:

@mjm, sorry for late reply, totally missed that I got an answer.

Yeah, that's kinda right, but still, isn't there a way to just hover around without having to activate a tool?

Other softwares, like Fusion 360, I just hold down Shift-key and I can hover around freely.

No way in VW? If not, that shouldn't be too much work to fix? 

Thanks!

I totally agree with this!! You shouldn't have to come out of the tool you're using in order to navigate. It's really annoying. It means you're forced to use a mouse with a scroll wheel, so trackpad/ apple mouse/ wacom pen etc are all useless. Please fix this, Vectorworks!!

• Like 1

You can temporarily activate another tool by holding down the Space bar. I have Shift+C mapped to one of my mouse buttons so I can hold down the space bar, activate the flyover tool from my mouse, then once I've finished navigating release the space bar to return to the tool I was using.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Tom W. said:

You can temporarily activate another tool by holding down the Space bar. I have Shift+C mapped to one of my mouse buttons so I can hold down the space bar, activate the flyover tool from my mouse, then once I've finished navigating release the space bar to return to the tool I was using.

Ah that's so good to know, thank you!! I'm gonna try that 🙂

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

On VW2024 is it possible?

I use this a lot with Fusion 360.
The Vectorworks is impossible to use without a mouse

On 5/12/2022 at 6:27 PM, Tom W. said:

How can you assign the flyout to the space? When I press the space, I activate the Zoom +/-

Edited by Cristiano Alves