how do I transfer my Vectorworks 2015 license from one computer to new one? Need help activating it on new laptop

brh108

Question

I own Vectorworks 2015 Architect. 

I deleted from my old Lenovo X1 yoga, which I had it on, so I could install it on my new Dell Inspiron 7610 laptop.  When I first installed it on my new Dell laptop last month, I was able to activate the Vectorworks and use the program.  But just recently, when I open Vectorworks 2015, I get a pop-up window saying I need to activate my license and when I try to activate it, it now will not activate Vectorworks Architect 2015 on my new Dell Inspiron 7610 laptop.  My Vectorworks Architect 2015 is now only installed on my Dell 8940 desktop.

Now I need help activating it on my new laptop.  I want to be able to use my Vectorworks 2015 on my one desktop (no problem currently there) and on one laptop. But when I try to install it on the new laptop, it once again tells me that I have activated on the maximum number of machines and will not activate it.

I understand that your company does not want to have a person have it installed many computers for his friends, etc.  I looked for a way to de-activate it on the computer I was removing it from, to more it to a new computer, but I could not find a way.  Vectorworks preferences would not allow me to remove the license on the computer without putting in a new license.

If I do a clean install, will I always have a problem with installing and activating my Vectorworks 2015 program?

2 answers to this question