Electrical Switches, Outlets, and Cover Plate symbols?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Bruce, Yes . Actually I like that is a very simple to use tool...the problem for me is that uses all the graphics standards of UK- USA. I succeeded in changing the 2d aspect to have the appearance used here in Spain . The Italian version of VectorWorks (that I have used ) has a great tool for designing and placing in wall receptacles  and switches that basically works with the three components that you have also made: box + components + finishing. Within the tool you can decide were to place the boxes ...for example in the same vertical line next to a door but with different heights for the different elements, very nice but quiet complex to use/learn . I've seen this same structure  in the Revit family that BTicino has made ... impossible to use in VW. Actually I found this MEP part one of the most annoying things to "count" and describe in projects...and is a part with significant budget needs ... so it would be great to have in the international version of VW the Tool available only in VW Italy and Germany . Ups I wrote a lot 😅. All the best to you! ciao!

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

Hey Bruce,

I was poking around on here and came across your switches and outlets, what a great resource, thank you!

I am not a Marionette expert by any stretch of the imagination, but pulled together a hopefully functional set of commands allowing me to pick and place the switches/outlets and set their height above finished floor.  I'll probably add a few more to your files later but haven't yet and the weekend is approaching!

Hopefully I didn't break your spreadsheeting functionality in the process, who knows.  I'm happy to be taught how to Marionette/architect more effectively if anyone has feedback.  

Electrical Marionette Objects.vwx

• Like 2