Wire Mesh Material?

I've been trying to make a transparent wire basket texture without any positive results.

I tried to use the resources I had from my autodesk maya and mental ray textures --- but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

The 'simpleness' of VW textures seems to be my downfall!

Does anyone have a good wire mesh texture they would like to share?

...or even a chainlink fence that I could reverse engineer.

• 1 year later...

Good evening everyone,

I want to express my gratitude for sharing this incredible website that provides resources for materials and textures.

I managed to download a texture identical to the one I was looking for. In my case, it was a steel grille. However, when I dragged the texture onto my solid, I realized that the texture that appeared was, in fact, a brick texture.

Upon further analysis, the applied material seems correct, but when viewed in Shaded View mode, the texture does not match what was expected.

Additionally, I noticed that both a texture and a material are present in my Resource Manager. However, I am unsure about the difference between the two types of resources. This strange behaviour occurs with both types.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could offer some guidance or suggestions on resolving this issue.

Thank you for your attention and assistance.

Best regards,
Cristiano Alves

image.thumb.png.e7c12a363b09bb5b39de0d3a4523120b.png

2 hours ago, Cristiano Alves said:

Good evening everyone,

I want to express my gratitude for sharing this incredible website that provides resources for materials and textures.

I managed to download a texture identical to the one I was looking for. In my case, it was a steel grille. However, when I dragged the texture onto my solid, I realized that the texture that appeared was, in fact, a brick texture.

Upon further analysis, the applied material seems correct, but when viewed in Shaded View mode, the texture does not match what was expected.

Additionally, I noticed that both a texture and a material are present in my Resource Manager. However, I am unsure about the difference between the two types of resources. This strange behaviour occurs with both types.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could offer some guidance or suggestions on resolving this issue.

Thank you for your attention and assistance.

Best regards,
Cristiano Alves

image.thumb.png.e7c12a363b09bb5b39de0d3a4523120b.png

You should check the Render tab in the OIP for the Extrude + see what texture is being applied. Yes, you have the 'Metall Pfister...' Material applied - which presumably uses the 'Metall Pfister...' texture - but the Material texture can be overridden in the OIP, either directly or by assigning it by class. I'm guessing this is why the object is displaying a different texture.

I have downloaded loads of textures from mtextur but I didn't realise you could download VW Materials as well... A Material is a resource that includes not only a texture but also a section fill + a ton of data as well. In your case it might be simper to ignore (deselect) the Material + just use the texture.

In the Resource Manager, if you change the resource type to 'All Resources' or 'Materials' you can find the  'Metall Pfister...' Material + right-click on it to open the 'Edit Material' dialog: here you can confirm the texture it uses + the section fill + have a look at the data that mtextur has attached to it.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Tom W. said:

You should check the Render tab in the OIP for the Extrude + see what texture is being applied. Yes, you have the 'Metall Pfister...' Material applied - which presumably uses the 'Metall Pfister...' texture - but the Material texture can be overridden in the OIP, either directly or by assigning it by class. I'm guessing this is why the object is displaying a different texture.

I have downloaded loads of textures from mtextur but I didn't realise you could download VW Materials as well... A Material is a resource that includes not only a texture but also a section fill + a ton of data as well. In your case it might be simper to ignore (deselect) the Material + just use the texture.

In the Resource Manager, if you change the resource type to 'All Resources' or 'Materials' you can find the  'Metall Pfister...' Material + right-click on it to open the 'Edit Material' dialog: here you can confirm the texture it uses + the section fill + have a look at the data that mtextur has attached to it.

It's working now but... I didn't do anything, just yesterday I was trying to apply the material, and I saw that it wasn't working, I took the print screens and posted it here on the forum. I turned off the computer and went to sleep.

Today when I woke up and opened the project, the material was applied!
Strange!

• Like 1