Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Update Vw/Lightwright XML via script?

SamIWas

I wrote a script which does some spotlight lighting device numbering tricks that the Vectorworks numbering tool does not do.  It all works perfectly as intended.  But a friend testing it for me says that the instruments updated by the script do not update in the XML file which is used as the data exchange between spotlight and Lightwright.  He says a change in the OIP works, changes via the numbering tool work, and changes made via "edit divide" work, but changes made via the script do not.  Even after making other changes in the document, instruments numbered only by the script do not update.

Is there some kind of syntax which can be used in a vector script to update the field for Lightwright?  I do not use Lightwright, so I can't look into it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Josh may be of more help here, but be sure in addition to ResetObject(LDHandle) after setting the parameter value in each Lighting Device,  you run RedrawAll at the end of your script.  You should be able to get away with running Redraw, but I have had inconsistent success with Redraw recognizing or finding changed Lighting Devices.

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2022 at 12:45 PM, Jesse Cogswell said:

I have had some issues with ResetObject not properly working on Lighting Devices in versions 2020+.  In 2015, they added the LDevice_Reset(h:HANDLE) and LDevice_ResetVisual(h:HANDLE) which have helped in some instances.  You might try those.

Man...it's been over a month since you posted this, but thank you.  I will try this!