Fixture hidden on Top 2D but not 3D

BenJ

I have auras on top of vertical truss towers and for some reason they have disappeared in my top down 2D view, however they are most definitely there in 3D. I right clicked and sent them to front and sent truss tower to back and still nothing. What am I doing wrong here??

Check your Class Visibilities - perhaps the 2D components are drawn on classes that are turned off? Also check that the Class Options dropdown is set to Show/Snap/Modify Others.

If this doesn't fix it... Edit the 2D Component of the Symbol, turn on ALL of your classes, and see if 2D geometry indeed still exists within the Symbol.

Let us know how it goes.

All classes and layers are visible and set to show/snap/ modify others.  I edited 2D component of symbol and everything seems to be in order. I can select fixtures and move them around and they appear in 2D but as soon as I put them on top of the truss tower they disappear. I don't know what is going on.

Is the truss on a separate Design Layer than the fixture? If so, entire Layers stack on top of each other. The "Send to Front/Back" commands only move objects in relation to other objects on that same Layer.

If the truss is on a Layer that's stacked higher than the fixture's Layer, it will obscure the fixture regardless of the "Send" commands. To fix this you can reorder Layers by dragging the # column for that Layer in the Navigation Palette.

If this still doesn't fix it, could you post screenshots and/or the file itself?

• Like 1