vs.GetRField string value for rotation & x y z coordinates

Myke

This is probably an easy question but when calling the vs.GetRField() function we can specify what field we are looking for. I'd like to get the rotation and xyz coordinates for "LightingDevices". Does anyone know or know where I can find the string literal names for those values?

Thanks

Sorry that was my mistake, I was looking for symbol coordinate information. Like symbol is located at (2.5, 5.0) and its angle is (45.0)

I think the rotation method is vs.GetSymRot

I’m not sure if vs.Get2DPt is exactly what I’m looking for since it asks for an index. Is vs.GetSymLoc better?

Thanks again!

@Myke What you are looking for is vs.GetSymLoc3D which will return the X, Y, and Z insertion point of a given symbol or plug-in object.  If you need the coordinate of the center of a 3D object, you will need vs.Get3DCntr.  If you only need the standard 2D rotation value (Z-rotation for a Lighting Device object), the best would be vs.GetSymRot.  If you need the full XYZ rotation information, you will need vs.Get3DOrientation as Josh mentioned above.

• Like 1