Green with envy

Ramon PG

I am very interested in FormFonts' super cool symbols that, unfortunately VectorWorks lacks. I have visited the site for months, but I still don't see a reason to suscribe. I can't find ANY VW 3D symbols.

Is there a similar site or a script or program that can translate a SketchUp symbol to VectorWorks?

There has to be a way.

It's called FormFonts.com

At the moments it caters mostly to A-CAD and, of course SketchUp. Dang!!, Nemetschcheck should have bought SketchUp a long time ago.

I was sent a reply to my email expressing this concern and was told that VW items would definitely be included but had had a slow start.

You can still buy tons of great textures.

• 1 month later...

I use Sketchup and Vectorworks. The models that are available on Formfonts can be exported from Sketchup to Vectorworks and vice versa via either dwg or dxf conversion.

Only one catch - All faces of 3D models are triangulated when I import a dxf or dwg file into Vectorworks. The result is the same whether the 3D model is sourced from ACAD or Sketchup. The same models import into TurboCAD without triangulation. The triangulation is a problem if I want to edit the model in VW (too many lines).

When will VW improve the 3D conversion process and include a Plug-in to allow the transfer of 3D models into VW.

SDesign

VW 11.5.1

quote:

Originally posted by SDesign:

When will VW improve the 3D conversion process and include a Plug-in to allow the transfer of 3D models into VW.

VW 11.5.1

There has to be a clever programmer somewhere that can do that. There are a lot of very useful plug-ins.

S, do the ACAD format models look OK if you use them as generic (white colored?), non-mapped items?