Camera Match and Renderworks camera precise position

Hi

I will ask a few question there if you could help me... 

Is there a way to "see" in the scene ( layers ) the actual position of a camera match camera?

Finetune Cameramatch camera

I'd like to be able to fine tune the camera position in the scene... most of the time when I take the photo I know precisely where I am in my scene by using physical clues like some manhole cover or light posts or whatever I can find back on the topographer files.

Would be useful to be able to see the position of the camera match object in the scene.... and be able to move it in the scene too

See Cameramatch camera coordinates

Is there a way to "see" the coordinates of the camera match camera, maybe through a worksheet or a script

have a image has a background of the main view OpenGL camera

I d like to see the scene with an image as the background, is that possible?

See precise position of a render works viewport camera?

Is that possible to see the camera position of the render works camera  object of a viewport?

How to toggle the visibility of the camera in the scene?

Thanks for your help

Mat

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @mattao,

At this time, the only thing you can do is select the Camera Match object from the viewport annotations and click on the "Place RW Camera" button.  This will place a Renderworks Camera (in the design layer you specify) with the orientation and settings to match the current Camera Match view.  However, the RW Camera will not be linked to the viewport or Camera Match object (it's for reference only).

Mattao, If you have questions or files you need to trouble shoot feel free to send me a message. I am by no means and expert but I have used this workflow substantially over the last 2-3 years with many variables and have been able to make just about anything work.

I would be happy to share how I "place my camera" and how I use images to put models into realtime photos taken on site. For our firm, this is hands down one of the best things VW has brought to the table. It's a great addition. 

Edited by HEengineering
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone.

We have worked a little on these theme and we arrived to something satisfying as a result, but pretty complicated to put in action.

1) As much as possible have a precise idea of the exact position of the real camera on your surveyor files. We use a lot the manhole covers to do so. We have precise position. And just have to set the height correctly.

2) use Cameramatch to have a rough location , set the aperture manually to match real world camera

3)As you said use the place RW camera to help precisely setup the camera match position to match more precisely the real world camera

') we have fiddled a bit to find our camera precise settings on aperture... once done it's far better. We set the aperture manually.

4) export to twin motion with the RW camera visible- -> don't forget to explode the camera symbol first

5) precisely setup your twin motion camera to match your real world camera aperture.

6) use the RW camera 3D objects to position your camera and look in the right direction.

7) render in twinmotion.

8) Back to Vectorworks.... et voilà 

Could be far more fast if:

1) Camera mask and camera shadow objects, or similar objects, could be used in viewports WITHOUT a camera match

2) OR camera match camera position could be MANUALLY ADJUSTED IN the 3D view.

3) Vectorworks coude allow for images PNG transparency layer to be affected by VW gradients!

4) Twinmotion link could get cameras positions precisely ( a dream would be to find my Vectorworks saved views available in Twinmotion

5) Twinmotion could display the camera position in the 3D references.

9) may I had that I d like to be able to easily use an image as my OpenGL background in VW? I could adjust the openGL aperture of my view to match the camera, position my view fast... and so match my camera position.

• Like 1