Shadows appearing in top plan view

After updating to 2022 SP2.1 some strange shadows have started to appear in top plan view on one of our computers. The shadows appear to be vertically above the objects and show up as you hover over each object. I don't know what the shadows are, so I don't what to search for to find an explenation. Does anyone know what this is, and how to turn it off?

Vectorworks skygge.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It looks like you might have been in a perspective 3D view with some selected objects and then switched to Plan but the selection graphics didn't go away as they should have.

Is the bug easy to reproduce? If so, can you attach a recording of opening the file and getting to the point in the picture above?  Perhaps the issue is something specific to that file.  If you can attach the file here, or email it to us jhutchison@vectorworks.net  then we can look into that possibility.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

So it sounds like the issue only happens on that particular computer; I didn't see the same glitch on a simple file. You could try turning off VectorworksPreferences->Display->Accelerate graphics  as that enables code paths that are heavily dependent on GPU and driver.  If you can tell us the machine specs then maybe we can reproduce the issue with one of our machines.  The dxdiag utility can write detailed machine specs to a text file that you can upload here, like this: