Woodworkers, Here's a file showing how to rout roundover intersecting edges on a stile and rail joint.

• Bruce Kieffer changed the title to Woodworkers, Here's a file showing how to rout roundover intersecting edges on a stile and rail joint.
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the file, Bruce. That is a tricky area to detail..looks like you have it all figured out. Nice work. Question....how are you liking the new M1 iMac? Do you feel a shift in efficiency and speed? Any issues with the 16gb of ram? I understand the M1 treats memory differently so curious how that's going. I'm holding out for the M1/2 27" but not sure when they'll release that.

2 hours ago, Steven Kenzer said:

Thanks for the file, Bruce. That is a tricky area to detail..looks like you have it all figured out. Nice work. Question....how are you liking the new M1 iMac? Do you feel a shift in efficiency and speed? Any issues with the 16gb of ram? I understand the M1 treats memory differently so curious how that's going. I'm holding out for the M1/2 27" but not sure when they'll release that.

I need to add a wish list feature for profiling an edge. We have fillet and chamfer, now we need a way to define the profile of the edge cut. I have some ideas how I can do this, but wow it would be nice if you could draw a profile, select an edge, and tell Vectorworks to rout that profile on that edge.

My M1 iMac is great. Very fast for everything including Vectorworks. It still takes some time to boot Vectorworks, but it's about 50% shorter than with my last Mac. I have not seen any issues with the 16gb of RAM. It works perfectly.

• Like 2