Training/Support what do the pros do?

Landartma

I've been using VW for about 2 years.  I have the 2d components down pretty well but have gaping holes in my 3d knowledge base.  I got VW certified this year and have about 9-10 hours of 121 training, watched a ton of videos and there are a ton of very generous people on the forum.  I'm going to fill in those holes so I can become proficient in the 3d realm.  So far I see a few training sessions coming up for about $700.00 but they look basic.  The 121 is effective as well especially when specific issues arise.  My issue is timing.  When I'm stuck on something I need answers as fast as possible so I can get the work out.  I can't afford to muddle through multiple videos and maybe figure out the answer.  My question to the community is what training systems are they using for general skill development?  Does anyone have a solution for the quick turnaround on specific questions?  My guess is that to become expert time in is in the hundreds of hours if not more.  I'm all in but I need a point A-B training solution and some sort of tech support when I hit a roadblock.  What have you VW pros done to get to your level of proficiency?  What do you do when your down due to a knowledge gap?

You sound like a good candidate for customized, project based training.  There is a point where the amount of time you spend looking for answers cost more than paid training.  Place a help wanted add on the jobs forum and you’ll get all kinds of replies.

Several of us here on the forum offer Zoom based training and/or remote project collaboration.  Johnathan Pickup has a great service offering as well.

Edited by jeff prince