Select similar tool not working

Landartma

Question

6 answers to this question

I have saved a lot of custom mode sets to switch.

E.g. Symbol + Name

So, when this mode active, I will get that error message when I click

on any object which is not a Symbol.

AFAIK

"active settings" will just use the last list attributes set before.

Maybe that is saved in the VW file, maybe for VW globally.

I had it set to layer only for an operation I was doing.  Then set it a few other times for other particular situations.  I must have set it to Current Selection Mode and that explained part of the issue.  But when I put it back in Select Any Mode the functionality returned but only when I had a limited amount of attributes selected.  For example when I went to select my walls it would only select when I had Layer Class and Object selected it would also work with wall slab roof all selected.  As soon as I selected I selected any of the font attributes it would not select the foundation but would still select my spot grades.  Is the select similar tool not expected to select certain objects if everything is selected for example.  My understanding is that unchecking boxes just limits what it will select for and if all attributes are checked it will pick up just about everything on the drawing.  Am I missing something here.

On 2/6/2022 at 7:15 AM, Landartma said:

My understanding is that unchecking boxes just limits what it will select for and if all attributes are checked it will pick up just about everything on the drawing.

It's the opposite of this.

Checking more boxes means that the Select Similar tool will only select other objects with attributes that match ALL of your checkboxes. So therefore more limiting because there are more criteria.

Selecting fewer checkboxes means fewer criteria that have to match, so therefore it's more likely that more objects get selected.

• Like 4