Force Emissive Flag resets after save and reopen

Hi,

I have a number of fixtures that I created in the GTDF builder to represent LED and Pixel Tape (flexible strips).  I would like for these fixtures to be emissive and stay that way.  If I turn on the force emissive button for those fixture types and save the file, this setting resets when I reopen it.  Is there a way to lock this setting in so I don't have to click it every time?

I also thought I had built this to be emissive in the GDTF but that is still a platform I'm leanring about so I might of messed that up.

Thanks for any help!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

My apologies as it appears this is a bug with the way GDTF's are read/written to VSN/V3S. I was able to reproduce this issue, which is good as it means we can investigate it easily in-house.

I'll open a ticket internally and hand things over to our GDTF engineer so they can determine the cause.

In the meantime, if we do happen to have a Vision-native litfile for this device you may consider using that instead as the Force Emissive flag does seem to be working for non-GDTF devices.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delayed response.  Thank you for looking into this and diagnosing. I look forward to GTDF updating this bug.

No there is no vision fixture as this is me trying to create a work flow to building LED tape, and thus I'm using GDTF to build those assets.

Much appreciated!