Vectorworks Spotlight 2022 - High RAM consumption when rendering complex viewports

Hi there,

I'm running an M1 Max chip (32gb, 10core, Monterey) and I've noticed when working with complex hidden line viewports Vectorworks consumes and compresses large amounts of memory (Upwards of 50gb virtual memory). This is not unique to the Mac environment and I can replicate the same issues on my Windows machine. (Win11, 64gb RAM, R5 3600, 5700XT).

The only fix is the save and quit Vectorworks causing the OS to dump memory and then I can reopen again with no issues (once the viewports have been updated of course!)

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, station said:

I'm having the same issue - running i7 8core with 32gb but this is with basic modelling. Am upgrading but not liking that processor with a bigger cache and twice the memory is still having problems

Feels like i've been able to replicate this problem for a few years, maybe a limitation of Vectorworks being able to handle larger scale projects?

4 hours ago, RyanMartinDesign said:

Feels like i've been able to replicate this problem for a few years, maybe a limitation of Vectorworks being able to handle larger scale projects?

you are not alone.  I’ve been experiencing this for several releases on machines ranging from 16 to 128 GB RAM.  I guess vectorworks gets tired and needs a coffee break periodically 🙂

• Like 1