Vectorworks 2022 Positional Fields "status bar"

• 2 months later...

Hi mattao and Pat,

I am with you guys.  I finally upgraded to VW 2022 SP3 (from VW 2021) and immediately saw that I could no longer see the working plane coordinates (X',Y',Z') of the cursor in the status bar.  I am very attached to this feature and use it all the time, or at least I did until now.

Have you or anyone else gotten an answer on this, or have you found a way to access the options you mentioned above that used to be available to configure the cursor location data fields displayed on the status bar?

Thanks, I really appreciate your help on this.

John

13 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Thanks Mark, but I don't think it does.  There is no option to have the floating data bar visible at all times.

If I hit Tab, the floating data bar will stay visible and follow the cursor/whatever tool I have selected. It's a bit misleading but definitely persistent compared to the default behavior.

13 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

And the Do not use floating data bar option does not actually display the fixed data bar. At least not on my install of VW2022.

Yeah, I just got some weird additional blank space in the View Bar. Not sure what's going on their but doesn't seem to be WAD.

Edited by Mark Aceto
  • 3 months later...

Hi Pat, Mark, and mattao,

Just checking back to see if there is any news on this issue.  I can't find any mention of it or any "official" responses from the Vectorworks technical team and the most recent SP4 did not address it as far as I can tell.

I have not adopted VW2022 SP4 as my main productional version for this and some other issues.  I'm still using VW2021 SP5 which still works well on my aging 17" iMac running Catalina 10.15.7 with is the end-of-the-line for OS upgrades for this mac.

In the past, Jim W used to check with the technical team on things like this. Sometimes he was able to determine if there was any hope of restoring lost functionality.  In this case that would be the restoration of the functionality of the positional fields options menu that used to be on the message bar at the bottom right.

Do you guys have any idea how to determine if they intend to restore this feature?  Is there anyone like Jim W to advocate on our behalf on this type of issue?

Thank you for your previous responses and any new responses or advice you may have and have a nice day.

John Lyons

• 1 year later...