How can I adjust the attributes beyond the section cut line?

hugobillington

Question

Hi there, i'm having some difficulties having control over my drawing. I've created a section cut which is all fine. However, the attributes beyond this section cut are showing as the hatch fill (of that material attribute), I simply want to turn off all fill attributes beyond the section line so I simply just have line-work. I've adjusted the sections with advanced options for this section cut. However, it doesn't seem to adjust anything to do with the fills, only line-work. 

the 2d Fill option with OIP seems to have no effect. Is there a way of overriding this? I need to maintain this material hatch fill for the stone material as this hatch is needed within plan's, sections etc. Not for elevations or sectional/Elevations.

Thanks in advance. 

Hugo

2034151724_Screenshot2022-02-03at14_34_57.thumb.png.4ec6e968305ce71b804666072586506c.png437496010_Screenshot2022-02-03at14_29_52.thumb.png.68c64608945a66409c8f012334c6ad25.png

3 answers to this question

To update, as an office, we had a workflow of creating sectional viewports onto design layers and then drafting over these on a separate 2d design layer, then viewporting the section and drafted information onto the sheet layer. This workflow prevents the control of the graphical attributes of the sectional viewport. As of now, we are placing the section cut directly onto the sheet layers.

Vectorworks doesn't seem to like viewports within viewports. We have changed our workflow to suit.