connectcad class / datatag

Ben3B

Hello I 'm working on a file who explain all the class section, color ...

Like in graphism, I work on a connectcad chart ...

So is it possible to have a datatag who show me the class of an object ?

It's ok for symbol  / device but I want to view the class of the text Inside the device/ symbol...

I want a data tag who can show the class of the "name" who is inside custum device label ...

Thanks!!!

image.thumb.png.17e1d59717328ab54d60c68bc5a4a170.png

image.thumb.png.ae0fce29972102bf205e17d54ef4de14.png

Hi Ben, if you are doing file just that users can use that as a guide then maybe you can Convert to Group command (CTRL+K in Windows) to kind of break Device object first to group then Ungroup (CLRL+U) that group and finally Convert to Group device tag 2D Symbol and Ungroup that. This way you have different parts that forms Devices so you can Data Tag them to show what is parts Class. Finally when all needed is Taged I would Group all parts and Tags together. Obliviously you can't use ungrouped device anymore because it is not real device any more.

This is what came to my mind.

-Arto

• Like 1
1 hour ago, aheininen said:

Hi Ben, if you are doing file just that users can use that as a guide then maybe you can Convert to Group command (CTRL+K in Windows) to kind of break Device object first to group then Ungroup (CLRL+U) that group and finally Convert to Group device tag 2D Symbol and Ungroup that. This way you have different parts that forms Devices so you can Data Tag them to show what is parts Class. Finally when all needed is Taged I would Group all parts and Tags together. Obliviously you can't use ungrouped device anymore because it is not real device any more.

This is what came to my mind.

-Arto

thanks, Yes it's a guide for useers and for me (to remember ...)
So I'll test your way 🙂 !!!