Hide wall components in plan viewport and door arches disappearing in horizontal section plan

ElenaPampana

Question

Hello everyone! 

I am trying to get the floor plan of a house from a model I created. 

On the Ground Floor Plan autogenerated by Vectorworks document template Architect (UK Metric) (please see attachment n 1) I would like the walls to show as a solid fill, with no intermediate lines (see attachment n 2 to see the wall components). In model space I have tried to change all component settings to “Make all attributes by class) and the class as a solid fill, however I lose all the materiality I have applied to the model on the external wall component. 

Is there a way to hide the wall components just in viewport? 

I have tried a second way to get the walls as a solid fill. I have taken an horizontal section of the GFP. I get the walls as a solid black fill but the arch of the doors disappears (see attached n 3). 

Is there a command that will let me see the doors’ arches? 

I have also attached a screenshot of the doors attributes (n 4). 

Thank you

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 09.06.37.png

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 09.18.22.png

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 09.14.28.png

image.png

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 09.07.05.png

3 answers to this question

There are two ways to do this.

First is to set the Detail Level parameter for the viewport to Low. This will automatically turn off all the Wall components.

The second is to do the same thing manually using class overrides: click on 'Classes...' button + make the relevant wall component classes invisible.

The first option will have the effect of making all objects in the VP display at Low Detail level which you might not want.

Either option you choose, you are just left with the wall itself, devoid of components, and the attributes of the Wall itself are controlled by the Wall container class e.g. 'Wall-Exterior' or 'Wall-Interior' or whatever class you're using. Go back into the 'Viewport Class Properties' dialog, select that class, click 'Edit...' button + give the wall the attributes you want it to have in the VP e.g. solid black fill or whatever.

Note this assumes your Wall attributes are assigned by class. The Wall container class is specified in the 'Insertion Options' tab of the wall style. The Wall attributes are specified in the 'Wall Attributes' dialog ('Definition' tab > 'Edit Wall Attributes...' button).

• Like 1

I want to use the second approach so that I keep a medium detail level for the windows. But if I make the classes that the wall components are on invisible then the outer lines disappear as well, even though the class the wall is assigned to is visible in the viewport. Is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks!