QUESTION/ISSUE - Some of my lamps don't light up.

LGO

Question

Hello, I have a big problem with the lamps. 
As soon as I exceed the number of 7 lamps, the next ones do not light up. I am using the education version and I am thinking that my version does not allow me to use more than 7 lamps.
The lamps are lit in the settings, in the object settings too, but as soon as it's the eighth one, it doesn't light up. If I remove some to be at 7 lamps, then it lights up. 
I've been looking for a solution for hours... can anyone help me?

Capture d’écran 2022-01-29 à 17.29.43.png

3 answers to this question

On 1/29/2022 at 9:17 AM, Andy Broomell said:

OpenGL / Shaded render mode has an inherent 8-light limit that it can display at once. It's a pain we've dealt with for years, but Vectorworks has said they're working to remove this limitation in future versions.

Beyond 8 lights you'll need to render with Renderworks, Redshift, or an external renderer.

@Andy Broomellyep, my experience as well. I keep a few roughly made custom render styles available which allow quickndirty renders which alongside 56, 72, 150, 300 dpi sets of Sheet Layers where I render out as quickly or with as much detail I can afford.