VW 2022 - Fill colors not updating in Shaded renders

ThePowerOfGus

Question

Hi all,

I've been having some issues with the latest version of VW (2022 SP2.1) where my shaded renders seem to be stuck on the colors I used at the creation of an object and they do not update properly when they are changed. The problem seemed to appear out of nowhere when I updated from SP1. Is this happening to anyone else, or am I just lucky? If so, would anyone know any workarounds to use until this gets fixed?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

On 1/28/2022 at 3:52 PM, Patrick Fritsch said:

There is some quirky behavior with almost anything being updated, the computer screen does not seem to get refreshed automatically. For me it's just a matter of zooming/pan with my mouse to get this to refresh. Maybe same for you.?

No luck with that, sadly. I have noticed that the more complex the polyline I'm extruding the more likely it is to cause this error. It's quite strange.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:20 AM, Andy Broomell said:

Another workaround that sometimes fixes glitches like this is to Cut the object then Paste-in-Place, which effectively regenerates it.

That doesn't work, either. It seems I am able to apply a solid color texture and that will update but coloring the object itself doesn't cut it. Very weird.

This may or may not be your issue, but sometimes I inadvertently end up with an Extrude whose 2D profile is on a different class than the Extrude itself. In these cases I've noticed that the changing the attributes of the Extrude doesn't work, and I have to go into the Extrude and set the profile's class to match the Extrude before it behaves properly.