Cotation size problem in viewports

Saigan

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm here for your help. I'm making a sky view of an event, and try to make cotations on a viewport.

I want to use ISO standard, but it makes markers too big (PIC 1), and I don't find a way to reduce them.

I try to change cotation's preferences on cotation's class (pic 2) but doesn't work, I don't understand why...

Can you help me?

Thanks

PIC 1.png

PIC 2.png

2 answers to this question

I don't know what "Cotations" are but I do know that arrow marker sizes, lineweights, etc are page based. If the design layer scale is at something big like 1:1000 but your view is only of a small area as per your screen shot then markers placed on the design layer will be scaled up and look huge when you zoom in. I suggest you try to set the design layer scale to something like how you want the view to look on a sheet layer, i.e. the same as the viewport scale you would use to present the drawing on a sheet. You should find then that the markers should be more in proportion to your view.

Alternately don't put page based items on your design layer. Place dimensions, notes, etc in viewport annotations and then you won't have to worry about this scale issue so much.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2