Circle by 3 point Tangent

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone been able to get the constrain by tangent to work in 11.5? I need to place a circle using the 3 point tangent option by I never get the tangent constrain option on the screen, its always "object". Even when the only option active on my constrains panel is "constain by tanget"

Any insight would be appreciated!

Ron

Ron, I think the constrain tangent is probably working fine, only problem is when drawing circles the thing that is tangent is the construction line, be it diameter 3-point or radius. It would a good thing to have it create the actual object tangent. In the meantime, try using the Parametric, Constrain Tangent (though I'm not sure if the parametric constraints are in the base package if that is what you are using).

I wanted to use the "circle by three points", the last option in the circle command. And enter three tangent points to define the circle. (I can do this in autocad 14....) But the smart snap command never displays any choice but "object".

Tom I am running VW Mechanical, I will try you suggestion. Thanks,

Ron