Concrete Roof Slab - Use Create Roof?

Ed Wachter

It seems like Create Roof should work well to create a roof slab with low slopes (2%, about 1.2 degrees). However it seems that 2 degrees is the minimum that works with this command. Am I missing something? What other approaches are used for modeling something like this? I'm currently making a roof about 20 feet square with 2% slope in all four directions.

Thanks

Ed

Guest Wes Gardner

@Ed Wachter ...I would start with a slab and then use the Slab Drainage tool to create your (almost) flat roof - you can pitch the roof to internal drains, scuppers or just let the water sheet-flow off the edge depending on your design. You can relocate the drain heads where you want them as well as relocating valleys...  You can instruct the program as to which components taper (like tapered insulation) and which components remain flat (like the steel or concrete deck.).  This will show in section as well...the Slab Drainage tool can also be used for parking garage design, ramps, etc. (sorry for the terrible res of the screen shot)

Wes

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 11.00.07 AM.png