A question of scaling

Dundee901

I'd appreciate some guidance  - a second opinion really - on scaling imported objects.  

A client has sent me a PDF of a garden plan (probably hand drawn, it's a few years old) and asked me to use Vectorworks to work out areas of lawn.  There is no annotation, no scale bar and no other measurements shown on the plan - except that it has a nominal scale of 1:200.

I create a new file and import the PDF.   I cannot use the Modify  > Scale Objects command to correctly scale the PDF object as I don't know any distances.

However, before importing the PDF, I changed the Layer Scale to 1:200 in the Document Setup.  Then I imported the PDF.    Can I now accurately measure straight off the plan, without any further scaling?

This seems a very obvious question but I just wanted to check!  Following import, I have used the tape measure tool to measure some objects on the drawing whose size I can guess (e.g. a doorway, step treads) and I get sensible/believable results but that's not very scientific!

Thanks