Is there a way to suspend the Rotate Tool to get the Selection Tool back briefly?

phin

Scenario: I have lots of things to rotate. I go Option + = to get the rotate tool, do the action, press X, click on the next object, Option + = again etc. etc.

It would be easier if there was a "suspend" key I could hold down to re-invoke the selection tool. Does such a thing exist? As it should do! 

Thinking about it, I could probably change the rotate shortcut - I hate  Option + = as I always have to look at it due to there being so many similar keys on that side of the keyboard.

Edited by phin
  • phin changed the title to Is there a way to suspend the Rotate Tool to get the Selection Tool back briefly?

With the Rotation Tool selected you can temporarily hold down the Command key to select objects. This applies to various other tools too.

Also, in other contexts, hold down the Space Bar to suspend the tool you're using + use another tool then release to return to original tool.                          

• Like 2
On 1/24/2022 at 5:04 AM, Tom W. said:

Also, in other contexts, hold down the Space Bar to suspend the tool you're using + use another tool then release to return to original tool.                          

Wait what? Has this always been a thing? I've literally never heard of this or seen it documented anywhere. But indeed it works.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Andy Broomell said:

Wait what? Has this always been a thing? I've literally never heard of this or seen it documented anywhere. But indeed it works.

Ha ha I find that almost impossible to believe Andy! 😄 

It's on the keyboard shortcuts PDF but I'm sure I've seen it mentioned here too...

Good for activating flyover tool mid operation to adjust position 

• Like 1