3D path object tool - disable nurbs degree in OIP

Hi all,

This might be a stupid question, but I am wondering if it is possible to remove or disable the Degree field in the OIP of a 3D path object.

I have created a tool that draws a symbols along the path, but if the degree in the OIP is edited the path is ruined, hence why I want to disable it.

Does anybody have an idea?

1387889778_Screenshot2022-01-24at09_27_56.png.438b2ac282a81df8e4dc9af99a27ff2d.png

• 4 months later...

Hi Joshua, 

I finally had some time to come back to this tool, hence my late reply.

I set the property when the eventcode == kObjOnInitXProperties, but unfortunately this did not seem to work.
Do you perhaps have any other clue?

Many thanks!

If that didn't work, then there isn't a way to suppress the NURBS vertex info. Are you copying the path from the path group? If so, then as an alternative you can iterate over the path and use the vertex locations to draw a new NURBS curve in your object code. That way it really doesn't matter if someone changes the degree.

I think the only other option would be to make the object a point object and use a custom tool to define the path (point objects can still have a path and profile group). In this solution you loose an easy way to edit the path, though.