WinDoor query

Tom W.

I'm looking at WinDoor for the first time + am wondering how I get my Wall Sills to show up in 2D.

3D view:

1389842678_Screenshot2022-01-23at13_28_13.thumb.png.795dedea727af17ca3d75f7dd287a26e.png

Top/Plan view:

1298663391_Screenshot2022-01-23at13_29_59.thumb.png.0411a1d4da63e68b8f72f836451a1e06.png

Settings in both cases:

1304931278_Screenshot2022-01-23at13_55_56.png.535f28ba97e577ac4ab7a6870fe24f9b.png

The only Wall Sill 2D setting that seems to have any effect is 'Wall Line' - the others change nothing about how the object looks in Top/Plan.

Is it possible to get this kind of look with the sill + wall lines? (this is a VW Window):

1493623208_Screenshot2022-01-23at14_12_13.thumb.png.deb3a929b4e637b9e4fba64ea40b7ae6.png

Thanks!

Also: is it possible to assign a different texture to the Frame Member Sill for the door? I'd typically have this an aluminium colour + not the same colour as the frame. Can't see a way...

Edited by Tom W.

I'm not sure why the wall sill isn't showing in 2D. I thought maybe you had no sill projection but the 3d view shows there is one. I'm not having this issue. This is a Windoor on my machine:

image.png.fa9b8d2b851bbc18cf5b39d0764cd03a.pngimage.png.7c5fa8897d52b67e5a0a366eb308cc9b.png

I could have a look at your file if you want to post it.

• Like 1

Much appreciated @Boh I've attached a file although I'm using VW2022 + the version of WinDoor available to non Aus/NZ users via 'Install partner products...' so I wonder whether it's some kind of glitch with that version? Here's a VW2021 version of the file anyway.

Has anyone else using the partner products version of WinDoor in VW2022 had the same thing? @Matt Panzer?

Thanks

WinDoor 2D sill.vwx

WinDoor 2D sill v2021.vwx

@Boh @Michael H. thank you! I did look at those settings but hadn't delved deep enough. The detail levels for WinDoor objects works differently to the VW Door + Window where sills/thresholds show by default on the design layer unless you have 'Auto Display Detail Levels for Design Layers' enabled in the Doc Prefs + the layer scale is set to something small.

It seems to me that if I uncheck  'Auto generate Detail Levels for Top/Plan view' for the individual WinDoor object, that object displays in High Detail in Top/Plan regardless of:

- What the Layer Scale is on the design layer

- Whether 'Auto Display Detail Levels for Design Layers' is enabled in the Doc Prefs

- The geometry I have checked-off in the '3D Part' list

- The Detail Level selected in the OIP for a viewport

So you get High Detail across the board + no control over it. That can't be right...?

If I leave it checked but I enable 'Auto Display Detail Levels for Design Layers' in the Doc Prefs - and set the layer scale appropriately - then I can view the sill on the design layer + still have control over the detail levels in viewports. 

Hmmm....

My other question: is there a trick to get the Frame Members Sill to display with a different texture to the Jamb/Head? Or they are all on the same class + that's it? Thanks!

1156864695_Screenshot2022-01-23at13_28_13.thumb.png.4613ff53781ee4fe03558e1668810dbd.png

11 hours ago, Tom W. said:

My other question: is there a trick to get the Frame Members Sill to display with a different texture to the Jamb/Head? Or they are all on the same class + that's it?

I'm afraid, as far as I'm aware, all frame members are controlled by the same class.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar question to this, however its the opposite problem -I cant get rid of my door sill - I have a standard door in a wall and even though there is no sill showing in 3D, there are still 2 lines (which correspond to wall line) showing on the top/plan view.

I have selected "no threshhold" in Form and the preview shows the top/plan view with no lines. I have also selected "no sill" in settings and put the detail level to "low" in the detail settings.

Am I missing a step here?

What do you have '2D' set to in the 'Wall Sill' pane in the Settings dialog? 'Wall Line' will give you a line on the exterior of the wall but not the interior (from what I can tell) but you say you have both lines displaying...? I can't replicate this whatever settings I choose, only a single line on the outside of the wall...