Circuit Custom Parameter

mcschaefer

I'm finally coming up for air and checking out all the new features in VW 2022. Exciting stuff! One feature I've wanted for a long time is finally there- the ability to customize the "circuit graphics".

One thing I'm wondering is whether it's possible to create a custom user parameter for Circuits, that's editable in the Object Info Palette?

1850579212_ScreenShot2022-01-22at11_18_40AM.png.3e48a0c77510b526da69558e53be7841.png

My use case is I'd like to flag all cables that were installed during construction as "PREWIRING" so that our shop techs know not to build them in the shop prior to install. Here's a screenshot of what I mean. Here, I simply typed "PREWIRING" into the formula field:

695844614_ScreenShot2022-01-22at11_18_52AM.thumb.png.2edff4965e5930639df399a2fe011c32.png

As I said above though, ideally this would be a checkbox or even a field where I can type in "PREWIRING", or maybe some other note. Is there currently a way to do this?

Part 2 of this question is, assuming that it's possible to create this custom field, could someone point me in the direction of what to search for/ read up on in terms of customizing the cable report? I'd then want this custom cable field to show up as a new column in the report. 

Thanks for your help!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @mcschaefer,

You can have custom fields for the circuit but they will show up in the data pane of the OIP, since they have to be created with custom records. The circuit graphics can now show any data from records attached to circuits, so if you create a custom record and attach it to your circuit you can display its data in the circuits graphics.

As for worksheets, you can show the attached records to objects in there too, just type ='<record name>'.'<field name>' in the database row and your data will be there.

Let me know if you need any help with that.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov