New windows offsetting from insertion

While trying to teach some people in the office VW, I noticed that when I positioned windows in walls it offset a few feet left of my insertion point. I opened some other files and no offset. I've done plenty of elevations and I've never had this problem. After insertion I can move them accordingly, but I don't want to have to take the time.

Thanks for any help,

Brian

There are a couple offset items. There is an offset in the OIP which sets the window to one side of the wall CL or the other.

And there is the ability to offset along the length of the wall. You can toggle to this option using the "U" key -though you should have seen an offset window appear.

A third possibility is if you are using a symbol with an insertion point set outside the window. You can insert from either side, the center of object, or the prespecified insertion point. The last is handy if for example you are inserting doors that are mostly a given distance off a corner. Its possible you have inadvertently toggled to this mode via the "O" key.

Well, toggling "U" and "O" hasn't changed anything. The window symbol is one off the architect samples. I've noticed the dashed outline of the window while dragging seems to be huge, and then when I insert it it goes back to small normal size. While moving, it's at least 4 times larger then the once inserted size.