Walls are triangulating

Okay... I took the vectorworks class and was happy with the instruction received. Really, was a great class. I learned alot and have started modeling no problems.

We are modeling in VW and using the exchange plugin to render in Cinema 4d.

Now.. I need some help.

I am hoping that the problem I am having can be fixed or we just blew a ton of money.

I exported my model to c4d no problem and started applying textures (since this is a sample I am not yet worried about setting up classes etc)

The problem is that the walls with windows are coming in with wierd line breaks. Then when you apply a texture they are distorted.

-

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on here?

Thanks a ton!

Dax

I am not so sure that this is an export issue. I now have the very same problem using 11.5 using the Convert Copy to Lines command.

This did not happen in earlier versions. I am not aware of doing anything different and so suspect that it is a bug.

yes but really it doesnt effect the model. I tried applying a siding texture to the wall and I had the wrong setting on the method. I had it as spherical and not cubic. The second I changed it to cubic, the texture matched up no matter what the geometry was of the wall.

So as long as it renders right. I dont really care what the wireframe looks like.

Hope that clarified.

Dax

Dax- noting that export to DXF/DMG allows for 3D triangulation of solids. In the image only one of the walls appears to be triangulated. This indicates to be a problem with either the original window placement on that particular wall or perhaps a closure error. Maybe that wall is grouped or maybe you will need to 'heal' it and then update the end closures with the wall join tool. Also make certain the 3Dtriangulate option is not the default during export.

After talking with Cinema, I figured out that the problem (warping textures) was not due to the triangulation, but I had the image map type set as "Sphere" and not "Cubic". Fixed it right away.

So as you state correctly, the triangulation had nothing to do with it. It was the way I was applying my image texture.

Thanks for the reply though.

Dax