Mixed font types in Callouts

Rans

Question

Some help with mixed font types would be fantastic. I have a callout box and would like to have some text in italics while the remainder of text is standard. When I right click highlighted font and change to italics nothing changes. I've tried highlighting text and the going through the text drop down in the menu bar but all options are greyed out.

I've tried removing class settings to the  associated call out and changing the call out to unstyled but still have the same issues.

Looking forward to any suggestions. Thanks.

Randal 

4 answers to this question

It is possible to go 'off-piste', but (using best Star Wars voice) use the power wisely.

The callout tool is robust and, being database driven, won't tolerate messing with and can bite you back.

Having said that, if your need is to have one or two instances of a 'unique style' then you can do it.

• Create your callout to be used for this purpose
  • Duplicate the callout and choose Ungroup
  • Warning 'are you sure you want to ungroup high-level objects' - yes of course you do!
  • You'll find the text box sits over a white background - ditch everything else and just work with the text box.
  • Make your 'artistic' changes - this is now an overlay the same size as your (true) callout. Even a sensible increase in size can be used as you're going to use it as a mask.
  • Now position it over your true callout.

Wouldn't want to do a lot of these changes, as it just gets a little messy, but it may help you.

Have a play and see if it works for you. 

1686453235_ScreenShot2022-01-28at16_31_19.thumb.png.fb102d83122d4fa3cef45e992b04527b.png

Gadzooks