Hiring Landscape Design Professionals - Portland, Maine vicinity - No Remote Workers

Jeff Prince

I would really like to expand my team’s capabilities with a talented landscape architecture professional familiar with developing projects in Vectorworks or AutoCAD.  We have opportunities for project managers, designers, or technicians who will work on some of the most exciting projects in greater New England.

If you live in the Portland area or have an interest in relocating here, this is a very unique opportunity.  We are not interested in remote workers or outsourcing companies as our process requires site visits and in-person collaboration.

The design process and office culture is fun and supportive.

We are five strong and have the desire to add up to two more people if we find the right candidates.

We focus on very special projects located on the most breathtaking and exclusive properties I have ever seen.

The project mix is primarily private estates, parks and recreation, and resorts.  We will occasionally engage in education, camp, and nonprofit projects if they are aligned with our design values.  The firm finds itself in the unique position to be highly selective about the projects we choose to take on and establishing timelines that respect the design process. Too good to be true?  Read on….

For those interested in relocating…

If you love the outdoors as I do, Maine is simply paradise.  I moved here from my native Phoenix, AZ and have been enjoying fat biking, hiking, and exploring the sites.  I’m looking forward to some snowboarding soon too.  Portland has a cool historic vibe, coastal life, incredible craft breweries, and the best seafood.  Life is very good, both at the office and at home.  I didn’t need to come here for work, but I sure am glad the firm approached me and eventually lured me in.  I’ve had the privilege to work and live all around the world during my career, but Maine has proven to be a truly special place for me.

For the technically minded… We are a Mac and IPad office.  Trace paper, markers, watercolor, and the occasional chipboard model finds it’s way into the mix too.  It’s really a studio environment embracing the best of traditional and digital workflows, so there is a bit of freedom as to how things come together initially.  I like to leverage Vectorwork BIM and GIS capabilities personally, others do their technical work in 2D CAD.

I hope this description is helpful in creating an idea of what we are about and what it might be like to work with us.

If you want to learn more, send me a private message here on the forum to get the conversation started.

thanks,

Jeff

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

The fringe benefits are priceless.

Bailed out early today to enjoy some fat biking before tomorrow’s powder replenishment.  Sunday is looking to be a great day for some snowboarding, Monday it’s back to the groomed fatbike singletrack.

Everybody here is so friendly.  Met some folks at the trail head after their ride and  gave me the story on their favorite trails.  On the way home, the toll booth guy chatted me up for a few minutes when he saw my bike in the back of the truck.  Crazy to think nobody pulled up behind me the whole time.

DB174724-16EE-43A3-9E8E-B4C8A000EDA9.jpeg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ParkerJames said:

My pics are NH...have hundreds of them, as we rode a great deal.

Most fun was snowshoe packing trails we made with NEMBA and then rolling them with the fat bikes.

This was what the un-groomed forest (not the actual trail) looked like this afternoon in Gorham.  Being from the desert, I’m not up to speed on the lingo for this type of snow, but it felt like walking on wet sand…supportive with great traction.  Beautiful day, fast snow (added 1 mph to my average speed), and even got some first tracks on the un-groomed trails.

F3A7B5B8-88BB-4446-924C-123E98EAAF9F.thumb.jpeg.bdeb9e07929c444d6d442ace93166960.jpeg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tom W. said:

@jeff prince hold on is the job entirely trail-based or is there an office element as well? 😁

You might be surprised by what constitutes a day at the office here 🙂. I get out to sites once or twice a week.

commuting 

67F256B6-D336-4595-9B81-CB9AB97D2681.thumb.jpeg.82024687d9ead6f406ea8292894a1c74.jpeg

Inventory/assessment 
8390849A-08E2-48A0-859E-C63A3820843D.thumb.jpeg.776afc5ea2126c776ef07325110da2ac.jpeg

Master planning 

3EC37372-9C4D-4D3F-A4EE-3A0B2FDB6FD8.thumb.jpeg.241bcc397ffd1523c6fd400cd35f9138.jpeg

construction admin

519BB9AC-B25C-462D-BE77-51718B93635F.thumb.jpeg.3ac49ec01e6226e69e6c06de7aa7bfc3.jpeg

Now, when I worked for the state as a planner, that was an entirely different story….

991B78A5-F3AB-459C-BEE3-BEF7F898AB67.jpeg.8ed0f78a2a04e690bd377a6ab0043aec.jpeg

Edited by jeff prince
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...