Datasmith export and textures not working

AlanW

Question

Hi when i use the datasmith file rather than cinema 4d i cant change a few of the textures that work perfectly in cinema 4D. see attached the pool water.

Any ideas, been having this issue each time i try to use Datasmith so i revert to Cimema 4D export as all works fine. hope we can find the issue.

Thanks

Seems certain textures from VW cant be altered in Twinmotion if you use Datasmith. See last image you cant select the pool water or the site model grass. all others you can eyedrop and they show up and can change.

MMMMMmmmmmm.

Screenshot 2022-01-20 081628.png

Screenshot 2022-01-20 081701.png

Screenshot 2022-01-20 082919.png

Edited by AlanW
  • Like 1

3 answers to this question

Have noticed that too.

I think it is still in the works.

I also had great problems with transparent Materials or Stencil Maps.

Or with imported C4D Materials in VW in general since a few VW releases.

And for me it looks like it works/look different with each single VW Sp

or Twinmotion release .....

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello all:

Vectorworks 2022 Service Pack 3 includes many important fixes for Datasmith/Twinmotion.  Please update to Service Pack 3 and let us know whether these issues are improved and/or resolved.  Thanks!

Regarding the eyedropper not picking objects, in SP3 we changed site model geometry to help with this situation where clicking on shown geometry doesn't select properly, and Twinmotion is looking into a fix for this problem too.

Hi Dave, 

Still appears to be issues with some textures from VW and Water in TM not connecting. See attached.

Alan

On 3/16/2022 at 3:36 AM, Dave Donley said:

Hello all:

Vectorworks 2022 Service Pack 3 includes many important fixes for Datasmith/Twinmotion.  Please update to Service Pack 3 and let us know whether these issues are improved and/or resolved.  Thanks!

Regarding the eyedropper not picking objects, in SP3 we changed site model geometry to help with this situation where clicking on shown geometry doesn't select properly, and Twinmotion is looking into a fix for this problem too.

Screenshot 2022-07-04 103829.jpg

Untitled 2.vwx Untitled_2.zip