DTM creation from DWG Points

I have an auto cad file that I have imported into vectorworks 12. I would like to create a DTM with the elevation data.

I have all the elevation points available, but they have imported as text with the elevation showing up as the text.

Can I convert these to 3D loci that I can you to build a site model?

Can I export the X/Y values of the text and the text(elevations) itself to create a survey input file?

Sure , happens all the time. I created an Excel spreadsheet to handle the transition then after exchanging a few characters pasted the output file into a vectorscript header. Then import ... bingo.

1) easting,northing,elev,description = tab delimited text

2)Import into Excel worksheet and check alignments etc

3) save as text

4) Open text file in editor' find and replace' all those ">" special characters necessary to define the xls file columns.

5) Open VW header file and past the convert text into { Object creation .... End Object Creation } save as text

6) Import as Vectorscript

Link to zip archive with 3 files showing the xls>text>vss conversions

Forgot to mention all those ">" need to be replaced with a carriage return. Also, there are some extra ' " ' that need to be deleted. I use the excellent little app TextEdit Plus for this. Take a look at the sample '...vss.text' file for the correct configuration of the line-by-line vectorscript data.