cut and paste text

Susanna

Question

4 answers to this question

Maybe the source of the text is not clear?

Depending on how the VP's are set up, you are viewing information from design layers (often a mix of layers and classes with visibilities set to show).

Text 'showing' could be sourced from these layers/classes (therefore fixed to the allocated design layers) or from the VP's own Annotations which have been additionally added to float over the designed elements and provide notation and perhaps graphics that aren't necessarily needed to be 'fixed' (and therefore complicate) a design layer. 

Check which (visible) part of the VP you are viewing and choose to add/change text by starting with the choices provided - Edit Design Layer or Edit Annotations.

If I'm on the right track, hope that helps.

45 minutes ago, Gadzooks said:

Maybe the source of the text is not clear?

Depending on how the VP's are set up, you are viewing information from design layers (often a mix of layers and classes with visibilities set to show).

Text 'showing' could be sourced from these layers/classes (therefore fixed to the allocated design layers) or from the VP's own Annotations which have been additionally added to float over the designed elements and provide notation and perhaps graphics that aren't necessarily needed to be 'fixed' (and therefore complicate) a design layer. 

Check which (visible) part of the VP you are viewing and choose to add/change text by starting with the choices provided - Edit Design Layer or Edit Annotations.

If I'm on the right track, hope that helps.

Hi thanks so much for your answer - the problem is that when I am typing in the viewport (edit annotations) if I want to copy and paste any of the work that I have just typed it will not do it... on some drawings it works on others it doesn't and I cannot work out what I have done or haven't done that makes this so - does this make sense?!

Mmmmm.......

Haven't got my best thinking cap on today. Thinking copy works (duh!!), but paste is the issue (hooray??)

Would it be simply to do with copying the text (and therefore its class and layer) then trying to paste into a (document/layer/VP) where that layer/class is set not to show?

I may be out of ideas now, or not understanding the issue correctly.