Problem with Windoor Sashess Double Hung Object

LHSyd

Question

Am using a Windoor sashless double hung object in my file - straight from Windoor, no modifications or adjustments to settings yet.

There is a 2D linework element that appears offset from it by about 12m.

I've tried turning off ceiling/trims etc. etc. I cannot figure out what it is and how to adjust it or delete it.

It is in the 2D linework class - but if I turn that off all of the other sashes/doors are not visible on the drawing.

Have also tried using another symbol, and then converting it to sashless double hung - and the line reappears.

Anyone have any pointers as to what this might be?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.16.08 am.png

6 answers to this question

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm getting the same problem, when I am inserting doors & windows with glass in them, I am getting random rectangles drawn on the floor right next to the object, as shown in the attachment, could this be part of the same issue?

In the screenshot, this is particularly visible on the curved bay window in the lounge but also on the sliding folding doors at the rear & all the other windows.

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 16.58.49.png

Reminds me of my IFC Exports where parts of the Windows (Sashes?)

came out rotated 90° in 3D Geometry.

(I thought I read it was fixed with VW 2022 SP 2.1 - but did not test so far)

I assumed that this happened because of deprecation of screen plane

with VW 2022 - but not all hidden screen plane legacies found in PIOs etc.

converted correctly already.

But that is just my assumption.

Edited by zoomer
9 hours ago, barnaby said:

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm getting the same problem, when I am inserting doors & windows with glass in them, I am getting random rectangles drawn on the floor right next to the object, as shown in the attachment, could this be part of the same issue?

This might be the Direction Arrows setting in the OIP. In top / plan view awning windows will show up a rectangle next to the window to show where it is opening. I usually have these set to hide for 2D.

image.png.91f36ec746362c5d831a4075245d8ee9.png

23 hours ago, Boh said:

It might be the offset from wall face setting. I get a line too but it is offset 110mm which is the default O/S from Wall Face setting. You can adjust this in the OIP.

image.png.7eb3a14725fd4c93906639d783f172b9.png

What does the window look like when you put it in a wall?

Thanks for this suggestion - I've just checked this and no change - mine is also set at 110.

Set it to zero to see if it would move - no change - so doesn't appear to be it.