WINDOWS NOT BEHAVING

mattryan

Hi I have a file with some window issues,

There are several windows that appear in plan but when switching to 3d and using the shaded render they disappear

It's as if they are not inserted in the wall properly. However I cannot move them to pull them off the wall, its as if they are frozen.

I have turned on all the classes thinking that this might be a class issue but it has no impact.

There are other windows in the file  are visible and functioning  the way they are supposed to and in the same wall type as the windows that are disappearing.

When I try to insert a new window in the wall that is causing me issues, all of the previous windows disappear.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 5.13.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 5.13.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 5.13.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 5.21.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 5.21.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 5.24.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 5.24.32 PM.png

Look at the z height of the window that isn't showing up.  Sometimes it can be above or below where you intend it to be, entirely outside the wall.

Also, as I look at your wireframe vs. rendered wall, it could also be that you have two walls superimposed (easy to do).  The windows may be in one and not in the other.

Edited by P Retondo
Guest Wes Gardner

@mattryan honestly, I have no clue what's up with those windows...probably not what you wanted to hear...I created some new ones and they seem to work just fine...it's odd that you can't move yours or edit them???  It might be worth getting a hold of Tech Support and see if they can figure it out. In the mean time, I think I'd create new windows and move forward with your project

Wes

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 1.16.48 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...