Port Names on Arrows Getting Cut Off

Ian5100

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Ian5100,

Thanks for sending me a file. From what I can see the problem is that the circuits with cut off arrows are not displaying the up-to-date socket data from your device. I have tested this a bit more and it seems like the problem is caused by the usage of Renumber Sockets menu command. Is it correct that you have used it to renumber your sockets after they were connected?

The workaround for now would be to call Reset All Plugins to make sure that your circuits get reset and updated with the latest socket data (or for faster reset create a script that resets the circuits only and not all plugins). We will work on a fix for this.

Thanks for reporting! 🙂

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov

That solved it! I had renumbered those sockets after connecting them, and it looks like the nudging up and down trick is working pretty well to update their connections. I'm afraid to use Reset All Plugins, because I went a little off script in some areas to get things to look the way I wanted. But I'll definitely keep that in mind for future projects where I don't engage in such Vectorworks debauchery. Thanks for the help!